Tra Publishing welcomes book proposals. Our books focus on fine and decorative arts, architecture, and design, and we place a premium on works that contribute to advancing cultural, social, and environmental awareness.
In particular, we are interested in books from artists, architects and architecture firms, designers, museums, galleries, arts organizations, professors, and universities. We seek out books and subject matter that will appeal to both general and professional readers.
To submit to us, you may email us a formal book proposal in pdf form; in the absence of that, please email us a pdf (formatted as 8.5 x 11 in. or 11 x 17 in.) that includes:
- A brief description of your book, including projected length (250-500 words)
- Image count and description
- A selection of representative images (up to 15)
- Author or editor bio/cv or description of organization
- Time frame for the work
- Contact information
- Table of contents, annotated
- Sample chapter(s) (at least one and preferably two)
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org; large files can be sent to this email via a file transfer service. We try to respond to submissions within two months. Please note that we are not able to return any materials received through snail mail.